Cornish x with hurt leg

HappyDuckie

🙄🤚 Almighty Queen of Orplingtons 🥶🙏💙
Sep 30, 2020
The Bermuda Triangle
As stated in the title, I have a cornish x hen with a hurt leg. I'm not sure if its broken or sprained or what, but the past few days she limps badly when walking, and when laying down the leans all the way to the other side so as to not put weight on it. She is still eating and drinking. Her leg looks red at the knee joint, but no swelling is seen. Is it possible to make a splint? Any ideas what to do? Note: She is a pet, not for meat. She is not extremely fat like most cornish x, since she used to walk around and forage for food all day. She is at 3.5-4 months I think. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

When my hen broke her leg, I simply separated her and gave her a bit of extra calcium.
Try that. If it doesn't work, than I don't know another way.
Cornish cross often break their legs, due to size. You may need to consider putting her out of her misery if the leg doesn't heal. Sorry!

When my hen broke her leg, I simply separated her and gave her a bit of extra calcium.
Try that. If it doesn't work, than I don't know another way.
Cornish cross often break their legs, due to size. You may need to consider putting her out of her misery if the leg doesn't heal. Sorry!
I have been giving her extra calcium, but there is no way for me to separate her. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom