Coronation Sussex Thread!

Pics
Found some light sussex with good shape. My question is what color can you expect breeding a light hen to a coronation rooster? Which type would they likely take after, hen or rooster? Thanks
With the Sussex breeding light with Coronation will give you both colors...but...The dark will help the Coronation color from fading, but don't keep the lights for breeding. It will dilute the color.

Last edited:
With the Sussex breeding light with Coronation will give you both colors...but...The dark will help the Coronation color from fading, but don't keep the lights for breeding. It will dilute the color.

Wow. I didn't know that. How did the orig Coro Sussex get the lavender color? Does it work like most Blues where you can get blue, black, or splash or is it something entirely different?

No it isnt like blues. Its lavender, self blue, the lights bred to Coros will be carriers of the lavender color and the resulting Coros should have better darker color. If you just breed coros after a few years the color fades. Then ypu dont want to use those lights that came from the breeding because then they have 1 lav gene that dilutes the black.

My girls have just finished a heavy molt and are looking pretty again.

Back
Top Bottom