Corralling Ducks

I don't know how you treated the ducks when they were young, but I trained mine to ride in a cage up on a wagon to be transported to the kiddie pools (which have exercise pens around them.)

The ducks leaned quickly that when I announce "who wants to go swimmin'?" that it's time for a ride in the cage. They can't wait to get in because they know it will lead to the pools.

They are about a year or so old now and even if one decides to walk instead of ride, they follow the wagon into the barn.

When it's time to go inside for the day, I take the cage to the pens and just wave my hand and say let's go..... they march into the cage like little soldiers.

So it pays to train them early rather than try to herd them later.........
wee.gif

I use to have a bunch of ducks I would let roam during the day but at night I would round them up and herd them back to the pen. What a chore. One night they just would not go, so I said OK stay out all night. Well the next day the duck were frantic, one got it by a racoon. After that they would be waiting for me in the pen at night. Sometime they have to learn on thier own.

Back
Top Bottom