Cosplayers - Help!!

cassandrapettersson

Emu obsessed
Sep 8, 2022
Sweden
I'm going to my first ever cosplay con this year, and I have 3 options to chose from!!

Yae miko
Len Kagamine (senbonzakura)
Rei Ayanami

Are there even any cosplayers on byc? Oh well!
If you're not a cosplayer you can still help me pick :,)

Yae-Miko-birthday-art-2022-genshinimpact.jpg
rei_band_1-e1660533856377-150x220.jpg
dazqrju-18c1b1c2-4c2c-47a7-9185-38acc64832aa.png

Pros and cone of each!!

Yae miko
Pros: Idk she's pretty, and me and my friend can match!
Cons: Expensive, sort of revealing, many people hate the game blablabla!

Rei Ayanami
Pros: Cheap but good quality, my friends said it as an option, I don't really have much of an opinion about her.
Cons: Skin tight outfit!

Len Kagamine
Pros: Absoloutely love him, comfortable outfit!
Cons: Outfit is controversial, many says it's problematic and many say it's not

I'm going to my first ever cosplay con this year, and I have 3 options to chose from!!

Yae miko
Rei Ayanami

View attachment 3396239View attachment 3396238View attachment 3396245
I am not into cosplay, but the third picture looks pretty cool!
Not as revealing as the first so perhaps you'd be more comfortable? And it still looks awesome.

Idk how this works, but could you possibly adjust the clothing style so that it's right for you? It would look slightly different to the character, but having fun is probably the main thing, and you might not have as much fun if you feel uncomfortable.

Hope you have a good time!

I am not into cosplay, but the third picture looks pretty cool!
Not as revealing as the first so perhaps you'd be more comfortable? And it still looks awesome.

Idk how this works, but could you possibly adjust the clothing style so that it's right for you? It would look slightly different to the character, but having fun is probably the main thing, and you might not have as much fun if you feel uncomfortable.

Hope you have a good time!
I can adjust the clothing yeah! : D many people add their own accesories, clothing pieces etc etc to cosplays. I most likely will switch out some things if I cosplay him, like the shoes, hat and gloves : )
Thank you for your reply :bun

How skilled are you at costuming? Are you planning to make this, buy it, a bit of each? Effective cosplay is just as much nailing the look that's right for YOU as it is nailing the character (since many people may not recognize the character as it's from a fandom they're not involved in.) For example, I have the skills to make a good Chewbacca costume, but I'm not tall so it'd look really bizarre. I could also make a Princess Leia costume but I'd look like this:

Not ideal in either case...

So ask yourself these questions too:

1. Is this a cosplay I am comfortable wearing?
2. Do I have the skills to pull it off well?
3. Do I have the budget (both money AND time) to get it done for my date?

Personally I like Rae, because I like Evangellion.

Yae miko
Rei Ayanami

View attachment 3396239View attachment 3396238View attachment 3396245
Not really pros and cons, but i don't know what else to call it!
Yae miko; A LOT of accessories, pretty revealing, I've heard many cosplays lose accessories and stuff like that at cons

Rei: Well, I'm going to a con. It's a skin tight costume, I'm a minor and of course there's gonna be a bunch of creepy men there. I think she's off the table

Len: There's A LOT of controversy over the outfit, I asked my friends and they said it isn't bad or anything, it's just some yassified school outfit. BUUUT others say it's extremly bad and you shouldnt wear it and others say it's fine if you cover certain symbols...

How skilled are you at costuming? Are you planning to make this, buy it, a bit of each? Effective cosplay is just as much nailing the look that's right for YOU as it is nailing the character (since many people may not recognize the character as it's from a fandom they're not involved in.) For example, I have the skills to make a good Chewbacca costume, but I'm not tall so it'd look really bizarre. I could also make a Princess Leia costume but I'd look like this:

Not ideal in either case...

So ask yourself these questions too:

1. Is this a cosplay I am comfortable wearing?
2. Do I have the skills to pull it off well?
3. Do I have the budget (both money AND time) to get it done for my date?

Personally I like Rae, because I like Evangellion.
Thank you so much for your response,
I'll take your advice!! Just gotta think more :, D

Back
Top Bottom