Cost of Chickens

So it would almost be worth more to sell them when they're older.
(I just got 6 this year as a birthday present lol. 2 boys and 4 girls. So I have everything I need to do it.)

Also depends on where you live and if others near by are selling similar birds. If you are the only game in town, then you can charge more, but you do not want to charge so much that you do not sell any. You should check out the market for Lavender orpingtons in your area. :)

So it would almost be worth more to sell them when they're older.
(I just got 6 this year as a birthday present lol. 2 boys and 4 girls. So I have everything I need to do it.)
Yes, but also depends on what you plan to do with any extra cockerels you hatch. You also have to account for the cost of feed and time in getting them to started pullet age.
If you do not plan to eat the boys, it can be hard selling them. If you sell as straight run chicks, you will not have that problem.:)

I can't keep any more boys until Diesel, Metallica, and Zeppelin get old because we just got them this year plus our senior roo Ricky is still kicking (sort of). I can keep left over ladies though. But selling straight run chicks isn't a bad idea. Then I can basically hatch and sell. Right?

I can't keep any more boys until Diesel, Metallica, and Zeppelin get old because we just got them this year plus our senior roo Ricky is still kicking (sort of). I can keep left over ladies though. But selling straight run chicks isn't a bad idea. Then I can basically hatch and sell. Right?
Yes, you can sell them as soon as they hatch or max around 10 days of age.

Back
Top Bottom