Cost to Butcher?

Quote:
You don't have any meat lockers in your area? Almost any one that processes beef and pork has a "poultry day" every couple weeks.

We have a butcher 1/2 mile down the street from us and he does everything but poultry
sad.png
but that's okay because we do out own.

Quote:
You don't have any meat lockers in your area? Almost any one that processes beef and pork has a "poultry day" every couple weeks.

So far, everyone I've talked to does only beef and pork or deer. I haven't found anyone yet. I'd actually like to find a chicken owner who's experienced in processing to guide my husband and I through the process the first time. We can certainly do it ourselves with proper guidance the first time 'round. With my husband gone (otr trucker) and only home one or two days on the weekend, we run in to the problem of being pressed for time when we factor in the other things that must be done in addition to processing our chickens. Anyone in N AL or Souther-middle TN wanna volunteer?
tongue.png
lol.png

We have Amish families around here and they charge $1.50 - $1.75. They cut they up how you want them and bag them for us (we supply the bags) we just take them home and put them in the freezer.

We have a menonite family in Bittenger MD who does them for $1.75 each plus $.25 more if you want them cut up. They do an excellent job too!

i live in Kansas and i am needing a butcher for some cornish X's i am getting. anybody know anyone around the wichita area?

Back
Top Bottom