Cotton Patch Association?

hossfeathers

Songster
10 Years
Oct 24, 2009
So, post Crossroads, and pending any predator/two legged varmit issues, I am the proud owner of two pairs of CPG.

I know of 2-3 (maybe more?) people on this board who also raise CPG. I have heard that a standard is being worked on.

Do we have the ability to do any sort of census? Do we want to make an association/round robin contact list/emergency dispersal resource list?

Given how rare this breed is, and the issues I've heard with in-breeding depression, it might be good to be keeping records straight off rather than try to figure things out later. (I'm relatively new to poultry, but not to livestock in general.)

Or is any mention of an association grouping premature at this point?

Thoughts, please?

Actually had already purchased these prior to Crossroads, and just accepted delivery at CR, so these weren't on the sale floor. I saw about 4 pair on the floor, from a fellow out of Florida.

What do you think about them?

I am working on setting up some sort of association. I'm working closely with Leslie Edmundson - started San Clemente Island Goat Association and Spanish Goat Association, since she has experience with this. If you'd like to be kept up to date, please let me know. The more folks that help, the better.

So Ralph Wright was at Crossroads? He told me he wouldn't be able to come north the rest of the year. Shame he didn't tell me he was going. I would have bought any birds he would be willing to bring up. He keeps up with "bloodlines" well. He has about three different strains, one from MS, GA, and AL.

We got ours from Mark See, who I haven't been able to get in contact with lately. I'd like to know where his original birds came from and where his flock is now. He had over 50 birds a few years ago.

Ha! I know of Leslie - I've working with her as a very new Spanish goat person. Good gal. I would love to be kept up to date.

Actually, the name I was given was Kent Baumgardner, out of Fort Myers.

Yes, we need to keep track of each other!

If anyone on here who would like to be on the "Breeder" list please send me the following info, by PM or Email:

Name
Address
Email
Phone #1
Phone #2
Website address
(Please note which contact you want listed online. If you don't want something listed, please say so.)
Are you a current breeder?
# of ganders:
# of geese:
Notes: (Include any info about your flock's origin, any geese you've sold, or any info you feel pertains to this)

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom