COTTON PATCH FEMALE NEEDED DESPERATELY

jynxster

Songster
8 Years
Dec 8, 2011
San Diego CA east county (Alpine)
I got a gosling last yr this time thought it was a female cotton patch , I also got a couole Toulouse at the same time. Turned out I kept the cotton patch and a single female toulouse. I thought I had 2 females and looked forward to the eggs for eating. Well as luck would have it, the cotton patch turns out to be male and the only toulouse I kept was female. They were so bonded I decided not to part them. About ten days ago the female died and now and left with a seriously grieving male cotton patch. I desperately need to find him a female cotton patch. He needs a partner as he is in mourning and is so sad. He stands at the sliding glass door staring at himslef and obviously ust isnt the same. I am in mourning too. The female toulouse was the sweetest bird I ever knew. We both miss her and he desperately needs the company. I would gladly give him to a home where he will have a cotton patch female mate or would gladly adopt or buy him a female mate. Please if anyone out there can help respoind, He is one yr old, purebred cotton patch and beautiful. His pic is here with the deceased toulouse.

I got a gosling last yr this time thought it was a female cotton patch , I also got a couole Toulouse at the same time. Turned out I kept the cotton patch and a single female toulouse. I thought I had 2 females and looked forward to the eggs for eating. Well as luck would have it, the cotton patch turns out to be male and the only toulouse I kept was female. They were so bonded I decided not to part them. About ten days ago the female died and now and left with a seriously grieving male cotton patch. I desperately need to find him a female cotton patch. He needs a partner as he is in mourning and is so sad. He stands at the sliding glass door staring at himslef and obviously ust isnt the same. I am in mourning too. The female toulouse was the sweetest bird I ever knew. We both miss her and he desperately needs the company. I would gladly give him to a home where he will have a cotton patch female mate or would gladly adopt or buy him a female mate. Please if anyone out there can help respoind, He is one yr old, purebred cotton patch and beautiful. His pic is here with the deceased toulouse.
Where are you located jy? that way if anyone can help. Do you have any feed stores around that get in geese? or ducklings. My gander took care of all the ducklings that hatched here last year. Did you go to the BYC rehoming thread and the Buy sell trade thread?

all your responses have been tried and again, if Im keeping him, then I want to find him a cotton patch mate so then their offspring would be purebreed and easier to find homes for. thanks for the thoughts.

I am very sorry to hear about your Goose. Do you know what happened?

Anyways, as for finding adult Cotton Patch that people are willing to sell is VERY HARD. These are Rare birds that are hard to find as adults because people keep their adults.

What I would suggest doing is finding a cheap goose like a Embden for now. Then he will have company. I would suggest buying a female Cotton Patch Gosling. Try Flip Flop, I know theres a few people on here that have them and ship goslings.

Mean while your gander will have company by a Embden and if you want then you can sell off the Embden in the future.

I had told you we lost our CP gander 2 months ago I went out and got a Embden goose cost me 15 bucks and she is with my CP goose and my CP is much more content and happy they actually both our sharing a nest of fertile eggs I gave them! We are keeping our Embden but we have room to do that.

But Embdens are more known to be meat birds. If your not opposed to eating goose she could be your chirstmas dinner :) By then if you got a gosling it will be plenty old enough to be with your gander!

I had great luck finding a older (1+ year) goose using a local search on Craigs List. You may not find the Cotton Patch, but others are easy to find. Or, contact your local 4H group...the 4H family I found through CL was actually thinning out their flock. Their boys had raised fowl for 4H but were getting older (and more interested in girls than geese!)
wink.png

The 4H birds are really personable and healthy because they've had so much interaction with people and because they have to be vaccinated for showing. The goose I got is really sweet...my Toulouse gander also lost his mate...it really helped out to get another goose. Even within a mixed flock he was mopey...good luck!

For anyone following my goose delimna

I found another cotton patch 3 weeks old and am told she is female. I HOPE SO at 3 weeks is really hard to tell by the lady who sold her to me assures me she is a females. However thats what I was told last year to find out he was male. Regardless, I both this one, we are back at baby goose mode now. I took her home and am not letting the male see hear or meet her until she is old and big enough to put in the yard with him. I am just thankful to have found one and will pray this is a female and moreso pray the male will accept her.

see my post above yours i found one thanks
Why would you not let the 2 meet, it will help your gander so much to have a lil one to watch over, I don't mean leave it out with him yet but he will be very gentle with it I am thinking, you should have seen my big Embden gander with the Muscovy ducklings that hatched here last year, he was so gentle and watched over them much better than their mamas did. and Congrats on finding a CP That is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom