Coturnix Quail Cannibalism: LARGE WOUND!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Does the yellow look like healing skin or is it pus? beyond that it appears to be healing ok, how old are your quail?

Honestly, I cant tell what it is. I was thinking of applying some neosporin to it, but with what everyone was saying about them being so hardy and all, I decided not to put some on out of fear they may inadvertently ingest some of it. As for their age, we were told that they are almost at laying age, so Im expecting 4-5 weeks. I can have a more exact answer tomorrow morning when I call our quail supplier (my dad's fishing friend).

Can you GENTLY get a cotton ball wet with warm water and daub at it? If it's pus it should smudge onto the cotton ball, if it's healing skin, being gentle shouldn't upset it.

Sniff the cotton ball, if it smells foul, let me know.

Last edited:
So, I just did what you said, and there was no smell at all, so I think its just healing skin
big_smile.png
Thank you so much.

* note to self: mail saddina a pumpkin pie
tongue.png

No worries sugar, if it was one of my birds I'd be a wreck, it's easier when it's not one of your own hurt.

Now take a deep sigh of relief and be happy you're in a species where mating involves a glass of wine, and not triage.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom