Coturnix quail hen with weird growth!!!!

Gigachad poultry

💖
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2022
Vicenza IT
Hello and good day to everyone,so I was going outside to my aviary to feed my birds thinking all was well until I saw my coturnix hen Sweetpea acting a little weird. Upon further inspection I saw she had this huge growth on her face! Now I do have some suspicion it's just a bee sting as my aviary has ivy with flowers so the bees, yellow jackets, and hornets have been all over it. However I'm really concerned it might be an infection. If so how do I deal with it? Any help is extremely appreciated!

Here are some photos:
PXL_20231008_122407342.jpg
PXL_20231008_122401566.jpg
PXL_20231008_122358229.jpg

Looks like it may be sinus or respiratory infection.
Clean the eye with saline, press the lump to see if you can push any pus out.
If you have something like eye ointment, you can put that in the eye too.

Be sure to look inside her beak for any lesions or canker.

Looks like it may be sinus or respiratory infection.
Clean the eye with saline, press the lump to see if you can push any pus out.
If you have something like eye ointment, you can put that in the eye too.

Be sure to look inside her beak for any lesions or canker.
Okay! Thanks you so much I will be sure to do that! I have seen that it's slowly getting bigger so I'm going to get my medical equipment and see what happens. Again thank you for the advice I really care about her and her health and I was super worried it was something life threatening.

Try applying a warm compress to the eye to see if the lump will soften. If it's pus, then it's unlikely you will get it out with a needle. Chicken pus is a semi-solid type of material.
I've been using VetRX and she seems to be doing slightly better, shed at least eating and drinking again! I'm going to go get something from the vet and when I use it I will also try to drain it as well.

Back
Top Bottom