Coturnix Quail Noises...

urbanfarmkzoo

Hatching
Mar 20, 2015
Hello!

I've been lurking around here for a while and finally became a member. I have a question. We purchased 50 Texas A&M quail a couple of weeks ago, and now they're 5-6 weeks old. My husband and I are hearing a LOT of noise, like a KOO KOO KOO sound. We've been grabbing them and putting them in a separate cage.

Do we have roosters or just birds that sing? I've searched all over Youtube and listened to crowing sounds, and it's not the same... I'm lost. We've also tried vent sexing and I think they're just a little too young. Help?

I guess they're just being chatty. I listened to those earlier and it's not what I'm hearing. Thank you for your help!

It's a lot louder than their soft little cheeps and stuff. They stick their head up and make this odd noise. It doesn't SOUND like the stuff I heard on youtube videos.

If they stretch out and hold their head high while they do it Id say he is right..... Some have a hard time get'n their crow right....

well i also have a A&M and she does this peeping sound as well. it could be a male, but i have a couple pharaoh coturnix quail hens, and they do the same thing. maybe they are just chirpn' because they can.

Back
Top Bottom