Coturnix quail stopped laying

Discussion in 'Quail' started by bnkwhat, Jul 9, 2016.

1. bnkwhat

bnkwhat Just Hatched

Feb 21, 2016
    I have 3 cages with coturnix quail and 1 cage with golden manchurian quail. Up until 3 days ago I was getting anywhere from 15 - 25 eggs each day from the 3 coturnix cages and 4 a day from the 4 goldens. Keep in mind that nothing has changed as far as environmental conditions, feeding, water, etc. The last 2 days I have not received even 1 egg from the 3 coturnix cages but the goldens are laying like normal. I have had days where we only got a few eggs, but never 2 days with NO eggs. I am open to any suggestions, diagnosis, comments and whatever else anyone can maybe shine a light on. Has this ever happened to any of you out there? If so, what was the outcome or how did you resolve the problem? I really appreciate all replies and hope everyone has a Blessed day.

BNK

2. DK newbie

DK newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Have you had any storms or could a predator have scared them? The stress of such events can throw them off laying.

3. Del1977

Del1977 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2015
    Australia
    Could they be hiding them? Ours will sometimes make a well concealed nest to hide eggs in and the first time they did it I thought they had stopped laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by