Coturnix Quail with bubbly eyes

I have one as well that is bubble eyed and not growing like the others, he seems fine but no real life in him, hasn’t tried to fly, eats and drinks but. You know, he is just not right. Today’s hatch I had two more birds come out with bulged eyes, they all seem to be the white chicks. I may have to clean the blood line if this is going to be an ongoing issue.
If you are breeding silver birds to each other you will often get these bulging eye chicks. Double silvers are often blind and develop slowly, they have ratty feathers and are all white. They are generally more difficult to care for as chicks. To prevent this, either breed silver hens to a non silver roo, or vice versa. Choose the non silver carefully, because a dark silver Italian can look very similar to pearl.

I have one as well that is bubble eyed and not growing like the others, he seems fine but no real life in him, hasn’t tried to fly, eats and drinks but. You know, he is just not right. Today’s hatch I had two more birds come out with bulged eyes, they all seem to be the white chicks. I may have to clean the blood line if this is going to be an

Back
Top Bottom