coturnix quail

I place quail eggs under my budgie and it going to hatch it is 17 days or 16 i am not sure and i can the chick making sound inside the egg it is coturnix eggs and can i remove under the budgie now before it hatch help me plzz

The egg is moving alot but it is not hatching and i.can hear the chick is chiping

Last edited:
My budgie had stopped being broody and the chick is chiping inside the eggs and my budgie is nt broody at all can i remove the eggs from the broody budgie and tomorrow is the hatching day will it hatch by its own

Last edited:
You can remove the egg and put it in an incubator if you have one.
If not, try to find some other way to keep it warm.

My egg that i had put under my budgie has hatched and today the chick is 2 week old can i put it with the adult quail??

Do not put in with adults, they will probably kill it. They need to be brooded separately and only put in with adults when they are roughly the same size. BTW introduce them all in a new cage, don't put new quail in with established cage mates. If they are all in new territory they a more likely to get along.

You only have one chick? Can you pick up another one or a few maybe on Craigslist? Quail chicks are happier with others even if it's only one other one, but a few more is better.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom