Coughing chicken

it cant hurt, its a natural product. just follow the directions that come with it.
Hi I've been using vetrx for the last 3 days now and she shows no sign of improvement, I also noticed she now isnt eating, and the other chicken is bullying her and stopping her eating plus pulling her feathers out, so decided to try gapeworm treatment but the place I've just ordered it from is saying I need a prescription to get it, I dont suppose u know of anywhere I can get flubenvet or flubendazole without prescription please?

Hi I've been using vetrx for the last 3 days now and she shows no sign of improvement, I also noticed she now isnt eating, and the other chicken is bullying her and stopping her eating plus pulling her feathers out, so decided to try gapeworm treatment but the place I've just ordered it from is saying I need a prescription to get it, I dont suppose u know of anywhere I can get flubenvet or flubendazole without prescription please?
Vetrx is worthless.

Gapeworm is highly unlikely the issue. You are much more likely dealing with a respiratory disease which is causing the bird to have trouble breathing.
You are able to buy certain antibiotics that can be used online in the US.
Are you in the US?

Vetrx is worthless.

Gapeworm is highly unlikely the issue. You are much more likely dealing with a respiratory disease which is causing the bird to have trouble breathing.
Are you in the US?
Ah ok and no I'm not, I'm in the uk
She is really struggling now, head up open mouth breathing and she sounds rattley when she breathes, but has no eye/nose discharge and my other chicken is fine, but she now isnt eating and is not interested is food like she was & very lethargic that's why I wondered if it could be gapeworm

Vetrx is worthless.

Are you in the US?
VetRX is worthless? It helped my chickens when they first moved here and had stress related respiratory symptoms. Perhaps it's worthless IF there is something going on that needs antibiotics or a worming med but I wouldnt say its entirely worthless.

Ah ok and no I'm not, I'm in the uk
She is really struggling now, head up open mouth breathing and she sounds rattley when she breathes, but has no eye/nose discharge and my other chicken is fine, but she now isnt eating and is not interested is food like she was & very lethargic that's why I wondered if it could be gapeworm
I am not sure if you can get any antibiotics over the counter there, sorry.
Let me do some digging.
BRB

VetRX is worthless? It helped my chickens when they first moved here and had stress related respiratory symptoms. Perhaps it's worthless IF there is something going on that needs antibiotics or a worming med but I wouldnt say its entirely worthless.
I've been using vetrx for 4 days now how long do u think it should take to work? I've also managed to get Flubendazole so given her that too tonight, if neither do work can you recommend another treatment if it is some kind of respiratory problem? X

I have a somewhat similar situation - I bought a hen at a swap a month ago and she has been coughing just about this whole time. Unlike your hen, she is energetic and eats a lot. I treated for gapeworm with safeguard, and have also given VetRX intermittently. She’s still coughing but still sassy. The vet ruled out bacteria through testing, and dismissed viral but only through her opinion. She recommended to keep treating for gapeworm but mainly as a guess.

I would think a virus or gapeworm would have carried the hen off or cleared up by now. How is your hen?

Back
Top Bottom