Coughing?

Porpie Pie

Songster
May 5, 2021
Can someone tell me what breed of duck this is? Im assuming Pekin; a drake and a female. The one that I think is a drake has a darker colored beak and feet and has a low raspy quack and the one I'm thinking is female has a lighter beak and feet and a very LOUD quack. Neighbor was over he didn't think they were Pekins. I got them from my local TSC from the tub that said assorted ducks.

Pictures?
OMG DUH 😂 also I originally was trying to post a video of one of them making a coughing noise but it wouldn't let me. Its the one I think is a drake that's doing it idk if it's a cough a sneeze or his attempt at a loud quack.

Attachments

• 20210919_173037.jpg
    20210919_173037.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
OMG DUH 😂 also I originally was trying to post a video of one of them making a coughing noise but it wouldn't let me. Its the one I think is a drake that's doing it idk if it's a cough a sneeze or his attempt at a loud quack.
Those are definitely Pekin. They are cuties! From what you describe it sounds like a male and female. I don't see a tail curl, but he could still be too young.

If you want to post a video you have to upload it to another site like you tube or Vimeo and then share the link.

Those are definitely Pekin. They are cuties! From what you describe it sounds like a male and female. I don't see a tail curl, but he could still be too young.

If you want to post a video you have to upload it to another site like you tube or Vimeo and then share the link.
The associate at TSC said they were about 2 weeks old when I got them so I'm guessing they're around 11 weeks now. They grew FAST😭. 11 ago they fit in the palm of my hand. I'll try posting the video again. By reading other articles I'm guessing it wouldn't hurt to deworm. Poop is a very liquidy but they spend a lot of their time in the pond eating duck weed.

There is a wide range for normal duck poop. My pekin has always had liquidy poop. She drinks a ton of water, but they overheat a lot easier than other breeds. Unless you see signs of worms, they are likely healthy and normal.

It is amazing how fast ducklings grow. Pekins especially grow fast. You practically blink and they've grown 😆. You should notice a tail curl soon. Have they started to molt yet?

I think theyve lost all their little fuzzy feathers and have all their big feathers now.
They molt again after they get all their big feathers in. It is crazy losing all those brand new feathers for another set of all brand new feathers. That is when males get their sex feathers in. Not a huge change for Pekins, since all the male adds is a tail curl.

Back
Top Bottom