could a fox and a duck be friends?

okay so at the moment i have some indoor ducks, who get along great with dogs/cats. in the future i plan to get a pet fox (not from the wild or a breeder, they will definitely be a fur farm rescue)

now, i’ve done my research for years on foxes and have talked to many experts about housing/caring for them. yes i know foxes shouldn’t be pets, but unfortunately fur farm foxes need homes or will die.

so... does anyone think this could possibly ever work? the fox would live inside at night but have a pen during the day just like my ducks.

again, i don’t need “advice” on why i shouldn’t keep foxes as pets or why i shouldn’t keep my ducks inside.
its awesome that you want to rescue some foxes, there are many to rescue.
But these animals *should* be wild, and really deserve a large outdoor enclosure, not inside.
That said, I'm not here to tell you what to do with your desired animal- However it is a concern that you would ever consider letting the foxes near your ducks.

These animals, like some dogs and cats, have very strong instincts. They dont care for getting used to your birds, they just want a snack.
Never, ever give them that kind of trust.
They should be very, very separate. It's absolutely not safe. So nope, never.

Just realised this thread is very old-what I said still applies but nvm.

Back
Top Bottom