Could a mink kill an adult 'scovy?

taraann81

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Ontario
I lost 2 ducks in 2 days and saw the culprits. 2 mink at the side of the creek.

I am not going to allow my young ones to free range until I have caught them.

Do you think my adult scovies will be safe? Or should I try ro confine them as well?

Thanks

Yep. I'd say a mink could definately kill one of them. Last year we lost all of out duckies to a skunk.
sad.png
Even after trying to catch the culprit. I'd keep them confined just in case.

Thanks. I hope I catch one of them tonight. Poor ducks. I am hoping to catch and release but I wonder how far is far enough when I release them. There is a wildlife reserve about 5 miles away. I'm hoping that will be far enough so they don't come back.

No I didn't have a chance to inspect the bodies. But I saw the last rouen floating right by the mink. It looks like they have an old muskrat hole and the duck was right by the entrance to the hole.

EEEK! Hope you catch the critters & sorry for your loss.
sad.png

I hope to never see a mink or weasel anywhere close to our place.
I forgot to secure one of our broody Scovies last night. She's in the carport nesting in a dog house and I usually secure the doorway since we have trouble w/coons. Had a scare this a.m. when I went to open up and found I'd forgotten to close up. I can't see Beth but asked if she was O.K. and she peeped/whistled at me so I lucked out last night.

well I haven't caught a mink but I did catch a huge opossum last night. Glad to get him out of here, I know they like to eat eggs. Poor guy, he looks like an old fellow lots of scars and battle wounds all over his face.

Back
Top Bottom