Could a racoon kill 40 pigeons like this?? Graphic

The stock pile of birds means your preditor intends to return for them.i say it's something in the weasel/mink family.
And you have never seen one because they are good at not being seen, not because you dont have them on your area
game camera would be handy.
Protect the birds you have left.
Sorry for the loss of your birds.

The stock pile of birds means your preditor intends to return for them.i say it's something in the weasel/mink family.
And you have never seen one because they are good at not being seen, not because you dont have them on your area
game camera would be handy.
Protect the birds you have left.
Sorry for the loss of your birds.
I patched up the hole... I think it will hold against any animal that tries to get in. I intend to camp out for it. I left the ones it dragged out of the coop. I forgot to clean it but hopefully it will keep the coop from any attempted break-ins. I will camp out and put an end to whatever killed it.

There are mink and weasels in Florida but they are kinda rare. Florida does not have a big population of either. Raccoons are most likely your problem. There’s a lot of people on here that don’t take into account where people live. It’s obviously not the same everywhere.
Buy a couple raccoon traps and get rid of the majority of the coons and possums. Easy fix.

You have weasels down your way but they are rare but is possible.. Minks are limited to the panhandle and North Florida north of the Big Bend area according to Florida Wildlife. Leads more credence to it being a Raccoon but you also have Bobcats and two types of Skunks. Skunk droppings look similar to those of cats. Feces are tubular with blunt ends and typically measure one to two inches in length and one-fourth to one-half of an inch in diameter. While skunk droppings look similar to raccoons and cats, the contents may be the best way to differentiate. Skunk droppings often contain undigested insects, berries, fur, or feathers. Skunk feces are often left in lawns and gardens and are also found in and around their den. They are typically scattered, mushy, and not well-formed.

Back
Top Bottom