Could Ameraucana lay blue but sometimes greenish egg?

minuomi

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 12, 2014
She is the first to lay in the new flock we started. 4.5 months old.

Started to lay a week ago and one egg/day consistently, but the egg color is not very consistent. Picture of this girl and 7 eggs we collected so far is here.

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 6.44.49 PM.png

They look different in shape and color... that brings me to the suspicion that another souls be laying as a first timer, the way to know is... this might sound weird but, look at their butt if their butthole is kinda big, that are laying eggs. This only works if they are first timers at egg laying.

Thank you Dobielover and Fairyloop5. I did suspect there is one more layer, our Sapphire Oliver Egger. However, we consistently get one egg per day. If there are two layers, they planed the shift surprisingly well. Also, the Oliver Egger is barely 4 months old.

I signed up at byc when we started our 1st flock in 2014, but I guess I never posted. That time I got whatever was available from one feed store. One thing I always wonder was which hen laid the eggs that day.

This spring when we are getting backyard layer again. I planed out to get 6 chicks/hens that lay different color eggs. Did not expect I am confused again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom