Could I be laying white eggs?

Not always, no. Depends on the line. Rose combs have a lower fertility rate, so some people breed Wyandotte's to have single combs. Although it isn't the "right" comb to have, Wyandotte's can have single combs. Same goes for Sebrights.
Combs have nothing to do with fertility that is a myth i dont know where it started either prolly someone started that to sell their mutts as pure

It is NOT a myth. It was not started like that at all. It is a very interesting article. Its easy to assume something without knowing the whole story. I recommend reading this, as it is really informational: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0032579119433634
Sorry, reading this now, I sounded mean. I meant to say that the top article is really interesting and I would like to share it with you. I find it very interesting as well! Who would of thought combs could play a part!

Last edited:
Update: we got our first brown egg in the hen house today. It possibly belongs to Bloody Mary, closer to our Black Sex Link egg colour than our Wyandotte’s. She has so far evaded catching for me to do a physical. We also have lots of our barnyard mixes that are starting to redden up and mature, so I still might hold on hope that she is a Welsummer haha

I have a hack for that, that may or may not work. Do you have an iphone? As crazy as it might sound, I have had success with recording a video and watching it afterwards. My phone can record for nearly 2 hours, without needing to be charged. I too, can't get wifi to reach the coop.

Another thing is is that she may have exactly missed the laying "season". Lots of birds stop or don't start laying the the winter when days are short. This is what my birds and even young pullets did to me last year. Assuming you are in the northern hemisphere.
I love ur quote!

Back
Top Bottom