Could my chickens or the pests that come with them making me sick?

Hayleylashea

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2017
Flower Mound, TX
Hi all! I really have enjoyed starting my flock in April. They are such fun creatures. This may not be the place to ask, but it seems the best place to start. Unfortunately I have been sick nearly the whole time I've had them. Is it possible that something from the chickens (maybe the mites or flies) that we've seen and experienced could be making me sick? I've had some mysterious illness in around the beginning of May that I can't get over. Digestion issues, fever, ear infections, feeling awful. It may seem silly but the only thing I can connect is this started not long after I got the chickens. Thank you for any advice or thoughts

Have you been seen by a doctor or two?
I do not think I have ever heard of someone getting an ear infection from a chicken, so I am subscribing to this thread to see what others have to say.

Welcome to BYC.

In the past month I've seen about 8 doctors and been on antibiotics 3 times. I literally just left the doctor with another presciption. Definitely not saying the chickens or critters associated are related but this is about the only route I haven't explored

Have you been seen by a doctor or two?
I do not think I have ever heard of someone getting an ear infection from a chicken, so I am subscribing to this thread to see what others have to say.

Welcome to BYC.

I wouldn't think the chickens or their critters are making you sick. You started feeling unwell at the height of allergy season. Perhaps you were spending more time outside due to your new flock during this time? Maybe sucking in a little bit of chicken dander, that stuff will do a number on allergies.

Back
Top Bottom