Could my chicks be drowning

I open it up to fill up. The humidity slowly goes up and down.
I also have to open the lid on my incubator to increase humidity. I normally wait till it drops to about 50 again then open the lid to increase. The high humidity blocks out the low humidity when opening the lid. If it goes down gradually then i don’t think that’s a problem? I’m not sure though. Were they shipped eggs?

I also have to open the lid on my incubator to increase humidity. I normally wait till it drops to about 50 again then open the lid to increase. The high humidity blocks out the low humidity when opening the lid. If it goes down gradually then i don’t think that’s a problem? I’m not sure though. Were they shipped eggs?
No they weren’t

Since one has pipped, the humidity is fine being high (80% is very high though) When they've cracked the shell, the higher the better really, so the membrane don't dry out. The chick is probably too busy absorbing the yolk to make sounds.
What's your temp? When the humidity is that high, it's a good idea to keep the temp low or it might be hard for them to breathe. Oh, and open all vents so they get oxygen, of course.

Since one has pipped, the humidity is fine being that high. When they've cracked the shell, the higher the better really, so the membrane don't dry out. The chick is probably too busy absorbing the yolk to make sounds.
What's your temp? When the humidity is that high, it's a good idea to keep the temp low or it might be hard for them to breathe. Oh, and open all vents so they get oxygen, of course.
I keep it at 37.5 Celsius or 99.5 Fahrenheit

I know it's difficult, but be patient. You seem to be doing all the right things. It may take another full day before others have pipped. Hatching out is a slow process too. The chicks are fine in the egg for a lot longer than we think.

Back
Top Bottom