Could someone please help—worried for my ducks.

I personally wouldn’t. Only if it seemed like them coming down with pneumonia was likely. But I wouldn’t medicate birds that look like they are recovering on their own. That’s just me. Plus as you say, it may stress them out too much.

12DD6679-A849-4806-ADAB-C8E390976B1E.jpeg

@Isaac 0 this is it what her poop looks like today so far (I’m 99% sure this is hers— but you know how that goes with multiple ducks pooping) She’s been acting normal, eating and drinking. She was even running with the group today.

I just went and check and let them out for the morning. It seems as though the two that were at the vet look fine/are acting normal. They had a watermelon snack and gobbled up their Mazuri food in their water. Making lots of noise, and still pooping (their poop may look a little whiter than normal—but this could totally be me just looking for something to assess).
Should I start them on antibiotics anyways? I’m worried about trying to separate them and dose them correctly. Plus, I’m not comfortable putting it directly in their mouths due to possible aspiration. Do I try and dribble it on food then?
I’m sorry for so many questions, I just don’t want to start them on something unnecessary or give it to them in a harmful way.
View attachment 2277688
@Isaac 0 this is it what her poop looks like today so far (I’m 99% sure this is hers— but you know how that goes with multiple ducks pooping) She’s been acting normal, eating and drinking. She was even running with the group today.

Glad to hear they're doing better.

The poop looks normal to me.

What kind of antibiotics did she give you? If they appear to be doing fine, I would see no reason to unnecessarily treat them.

Glad to hear they're doing better.

The poop looks normal to me.

What kind of antibiotics did she give you? If they appear to be doing fine, I would see no reason to unnecessarily treat them.

Sorry for the late reply! I never got the notification, I guess. Thank you so much. They are doing better, but my khaki campbell now has bumblefoot (I think she cut her foot in our debacle to get to the vet, as she’s my feistiest duck). If the infection gets bad, should I use the antibiotics then? The antibiotics she gave me are SmzTmp Oral Suspension (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim). Thank you again!!

Back
Top Bottom