Could you make a.......

MRNpoultry

Songster
11 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Gibsonville, NC
meat chicken coop out of pvc pipe? I was looking at meat chicken coops, and the look like pvc pipe with fencing and a tarp covering one one half. Would this work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats, what I mean will it keep stuff out, I ain't to worried about the chickens making a jail break. If we get meat chicken thier are coyotes around could they get into it if it is fenced in. 8 x 12 feet probaly

You would have to use schedule 40 PVC, it will stand up to being outside better.
If you have predator problems, I would also suggest using hardware cloth instead of chicken wire. I would put it on top also, even under where the tarp will be covering it.

Anchor it down real good and maybe lay a 12 inch strip of hardware cloth all around it and anchor it as well, to discourage digging predators.
All of this will make it more time consuming to move it to green grass often, but it should keep your birds safer.

Jean

Last edited:
The coop for my laying chickens is fenced in all the way with hardware cloth. If we built this it would be on our friends land. He has a game camera set up and has saw
coyote (s). We would fence it all the way around with hardware colth. There would be metal stakes holdin the pen down. Does that sound like it would keep other animals out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom