Couldn't stand it, Had to Candle them

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, Apr 2, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Today is day 6 and I couldn't stand it any longer, so I went ahead and candled my eggs. I know this is early in and I am not giving up onthem yet, but so far what I see is, can't tell anything in the Aracauna ones, except a couple you can see a dark area and clear area, can't see anything like veining.
    All of the Orp/RIR look clear [​IMG]
    In someof the Cochin Eggs I am seeing what appears to be veining, so my question is, the veining I see is near the top of the egg, it also appears that the very top has the air bubble. Is this where the veining is usually seen.
    I have a very small very bright LED flashlight and it works pretty well, but I am looking for something much brighter for the Green ones.
    Any suggestions orlinks to pick up a great candler is appreciated. For the $6.00 bucks I forked over on a chance the one I have is definitely not bad, but brighter would be better.

2. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:Which flashlight do you have?

3. chicktasticvt

chicktasticvt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Bennington, VT
    All of the eggs I have in my bator have the veins at the top by the air sac, so I would say yes thats where they should be, but this is my first run at incubating. Hopefully someone more knowlagable (sp) comes along and and gives their opinion.

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I bought a little flashlight from Wal Mart has 7 little led lights and has "Garrity" written on it, it was $5 and change. Pretty bright little light.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by