Count the eggs!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Laskaland, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Eggs from Gabbard Farms! 47/48 made it!
    [​IMG]

Mixed batch for hatch from ebay- 30 won, 33 came!
    [​IMG]

Wellies from L&S Chickens (thanks Shellie) 3 of my new Polish to see what comes out and one of my new bantam cochins!
    [​IMG]

What do you think? 3 incubators enough???

2. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    They look great .... 3 incubators? One Sportsman, or Brinsea Ova 100 would do just fine [​IMG]

3. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I would love a Dickey. For now, 3 styrofoams. I have pretty decent luck with them [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had 18 of Dispsy's frizzles in already, and then I added all these so, 42 x 3= 126??
    Hatch will be on the March 6th! 6 weeks to feather out and they will be free ranging fools! [​IMG]

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Holy cow!!! That's a lot of eggs!!! You're going to have chicks running out your ears in 3 weeks!!! How fun!!!!!

5. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    thats alot of eggs, good luck

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    That will be a lot of little roos hatching.

No wonder your avatar is the Colonel!!!

7. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Hi Chihuahua, when you decide to hatch eggs you don't mess around, do you?!? i just put 21 eggs in my bator and thought i was a trouper. But you ROCK! Good luck with your hatch!

8. slickchick

slickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    Mertztown, Pa
    I just recently purchased eggs from Gabbard farms as well. They are hatching as I write this. I got 8 SLW, 8 Ameraucana, and 8 Barred Rock...What did you order in your mix?
    Quote:

9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I would love to know what your order was too. You got every color of egg there is!

10. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I told my hubby I wasn't shoe shopping any more, instead I am shopping for eggs of different colors [​IMG]

So, the bottom one is easy, 3 Polish, 1 cochin frizzle bantam (freeloaders!) and 6 Wellies... Top boxes, New Hampshire Reds (my new project!), Ameraucanas and Wellies (the other work in progress!)
    Now the Middle one. I am so excited about this. It was a 30 purebred mix! 30 eggs mixed!! Woop. She labled them all and sent a sheet with codes on it!! Okay, so there are Buff Silkies, White Silkies, bantam blue cochins, Cuckoo Marans, Buff Orpingtons, What she calls olive eggers (her own cross- how cool is that?) and some that she calls "Dark Eggers" Which are assorted Maran Penedesenca(?) and Barnies..

I will be so thrilled when they hatch [​IMG]
    Almost like a box of chocolates, except, well, no sugary delight...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by