Country Music!!!!

Quote:
tongue.gif

What was that for, that I'm not a big fan of country? I like OLD country, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, etc., but as new as I like is Garth Brooks. Anything newer just isn't up my alley.

Ok, I take it back then, because there ain't five people doing country anymore. It's all Nashville Sound.

Country is Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, that kinda thing... so I guess I'll keep stalking you.

I woulda had to stop if I had to listen to that modern junk while I was waitin' in the bushes.

Grew up on Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, loretta Lynnn. Its all my parents would listen to. Can't stand it now. Give me some R+B or Modern top 40 stuff.

Quote:
I live in the high desert NOW and I can tell you alot of people love it.

frow.gif
I grew up here in the high desert (Phelan and now live in Hesperia) and here are LOTS of people who listen to country here! I lived in Las Vegas, NV for a few years and there are a lot of country music fans there as well.
big_smile.png

I live on the So Cal Coast and it is hard to get a country station. My friend was 'the Dancing DJ" for a station out of Santa Ynez, but I think they changed formats. I know they let him go a while back. I can get kHay out of ventura in certain pockets (not my house) But out of the last 16 songs I have heard.....it was one song 8 times, the other 6 and then two songs I actually like. I can not stand the first song, and it will play each time I get in the car.............ugh....is my timing bad or am I just that unlucky!

If I drive in the central valley (where the farms are, there are more country stations)

I enjoy several different styles of music. County, bluegrass, even the blues.

I have to say that I enjoy it best when it's actually about the music. Give me
someone who's playing because it's what they feel. It's not the money or the
fame.

Quote:
I work down in the OC and I agree, not really any country stations. However, the inland empire and high desert have them. Occasionally, I can get the inland empire station to come in down in OC.

Quote:
What was that for, that I'm not a big fan of country? I like OLD country, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, etc., but as new as I like is Garth Brooks. Anything newer just isn't up my alley.

Ok, I take it back then, because there ain't five people doing country anymore. It's all Nashville Sound.

Country is Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, that kinda thing... so I guess I'll keep stalking you.

I woulda had to stop if I had to listen to that modern junk while I was waitin' in the bushes.

Yeah, the old stuff is what I consider "real country". You may resume stalking......
wink.png

I like OLD country. There was a station in the Prescott, AZ area called KDDL "caddle country" that played the hokiest COOLEST old stuff, I used to play that on the radio driving this old truck that belonged to a friend, that had an "off road" steering wheel I made from a knobby mountain bike tire.

The Fender Stratocaster wasn't made originally for rock, it was made for country, or "Western swing" musicians.

Back
Top Bottom