Courintix quail where to buy?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tweetyflights, Mar 9, 2011.

1. tweetyflights

tweetyflights Songster

Aug 16, 2010
    Hi all! I've heard about how bad it is to try to ship eggs/birds across the border so I was just wondering if anyone has coturnix (and/or female valley -one) eggs or bird (about 20 ) for sale in canada???? Preferably hens but a couple roo's too. thx

2. speedy2020

speedy2020 Songster

Jul 24, 2010
    You can try Craigslist where you live.

3. aprophet

aprophet Songster

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    I have been checking on how to get eggs across to your side lately, it looks like most have them shipped to the line on the US side then one of you guys walk across pick up the eggs and declare them yourself seems to be the least expensive way. the permit thingy looks to be 50-75$ just for the permit then there is the cost shipping the cost of the eggs etc it looked like there are 2 egg friendly crossings one at each coast going by the Canadian bird boards

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  4. doxies1

doxies1 Chirping

Nov 16, 2010
    West centeral Maryland
    You could always put them in your cooler and take them across as food. I took Seventy guinea eggs to Canada last year instead of buying eggs to eat when our group went bear hunting. We had some left over so I gave them to the guide. I don't think it was smuggling to take food across the border. I won't be taking so many this year because I have many orders to fill. Unless some one in the Ottwa area wants eggs for "eating" {Quail, chickens , Guineas, pheasants, or peas}

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: