Courtinix Quail Eggs

adamsabby03

Hatching
May 29, 2020
Hi!
I'm on day 20 with my Courtinix quail eggs & they have not hatched yet. I've heard that Courtinix quail eggs take their sweet time to hatch, but is 20 days normal?
I've also seen no movement, but I was told that, that happens sometimes & it doesn't mean they won't hatch. Is that true?

I'm worried they won't hatch... Since you can't candle them in lockdown, I heard you could put your ear up to the incubator & listen for pipping noises? But I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be hearing?
What do pipping noises sound like?

Thanks in advance! 😊

My button quail eggs never moved until they were actively zipping. 20 days seems a long time, you can now candle. At this point chances are slim they will actually hatch. Quail chicks peeping is pretty quiet and hard to hear over the noise of the incubator.

Hi!
I'm on day 20 with my Courtinix quail eggs & they have not hatched yet. I've heard that Courtinix quail eggs take their sweet time to hatch, but is 20 days normal?
I've also seen no movement, but I was told that, that happens sometimes & it doesn't mean they won't hatch. Is that true?

I'm worried they won't hatch... Since you can't candle them in lockdown, I heard you could put your ear up to the incubator & listen for pipping noises? But I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be hearing?
What do pipping noises sound like?

Thanks in advance! 😊
Candle them.

Do you have a calibrated thermometer in your incubator?
Do you have a salt tested humidity gauge in there?

I did not candle them out of fear of killing them. I wasn't sure if I could open the incubator or not. So if I candle the eggs today, I won't kill them or anything?

I have heard what sounds like a slow ticking clock.. But I don't know if that's the sound of the incubator or 'pipping noises'? & I also didn't know what 'pipping noises' sounded like?

I will candle & also try the tapping of the egg & listening for a scratch!

Thanks so much!

I did not candle them out of fear of killing them. I wasn't sure if I could open the incubator or not. So if I candle the eggs today, I won't kill them or anything?

I have heard what sounds like a slow ticking clock.. But I don't know if that's the sound of the incubator or 'pipping noises'? & I also didn't know what 'pipping noises' sounded like?

Thanks so much!
I'm going to have to guess that your eggs are already in trouble if they haven't hatched so I highly doubt candling them today is going to do any damage.

Thanks so much!
What temperature and at what percent has your humidity been throughout?

Pipping noises sound like a faint tapping/scratching from the egg. You aren't going to be able to hear that unless you hold the egg right next to your ear.

I always candle at lockdown and when they're late. I had a late hatcher just yesterday morning that I would have tossed if I hadn't candled. Opening the incubator for a short time is fine. If you're worried that your humidity will drop, add a pipette of water to a paper towel when you open it. That brings the humidity back up very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom