courtnix and bobwhites hatching any day!!!

Quailgirlie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 16, 2012
Binbrook, ontario
Hi everyone!

Well my hatch date is in two sleeps now!
I'm so excited!!
My fiance and I are getting more into our quails vs chickens as far as hatching goes lately.
We have three incubators going right now and the first incubator has 118 various courtnix eggs and 2 bobwhite (lol, we have less of them laying) they should be hatching wenesday!
The other two incubators have another 100 or so eggs in each.
THe temperatureand humidity has been very stable so my hopes are high.
This is our first LARGE hatch wih this many eggs continually going in the bators!

Just wanted to tell someone who would share my enthusiasism for the little puffs.
Here's the eggs that are due to hatch soon :)

Wow...lots of babies coming! The Bobs will hatch at or around day 23, give or take a day. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Congrats!!!
wee.gif

They are so darn cute! I just set my first 65 to hatch this morning (they're due Monday or Tuesday) so I'm chomping at the bit looking for pips! They were ebay mail order from TX to NJ so I'm hoping for a 50% hatch rate... keeping my fingers crossed for more though~
fl.gif

Oh its so exciting but hard while your waiting!!
We have had about 30 chicks hatch so far and about 5 or 6 died (most that died had splayed legs)..
Does anyone know what causes the splayed hips/legs? Is it something we are or aren't doing???

We are expecting another 30 or so tuesday along with the bobwhites!

Oh its so exciting but hard while your waiting!!
We have had about 30 chicks hatch so far and about 5 or 6 died (most that died had splayed legs)..
Does anyone know what causes the splayed hips/legs? Is it something we are or aren't doing???

We are expecting another 30 or so tuesday along with the bobwhites!

It's driving me nuts!!! I'm checking on them like every half hour looking for pips. None yet but just saw a couple of eggs rocking, so it looks promising!
jumpy.gif

Spraddle leg can be caused by a number of things, but it can also be fixed!
check out http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/spraddle-leg-in-baby-chicks-what-is-it.html
This is a good info site with lots of pics.

Thanks for the link!

I love watching the little eggs rock and how they peck completely around the egg is so neat!!!!!!

I just picked up some beautiful courtnix that are 5-8 weeks old! (Like I really needed them!, I couldn't resist though!) I'd never seen or heard of silver ones (if that's truly what they are).

And some whites!

I'm addicted to birds!!!!

Back
Top Bottom