Covering gaps in chicken coop roof

DesertSilkieHen

Songster
8 Years
Oct 21, 2015
Kansas
I'm modifying my Craigslist coop and am concerned about weasels getting through the gaps in the roof. The roof is beveled and made out of sheet metal, with regular gaps between the wood and the roof. I'm putting quarter inch hardware cloth inside by the gaps but don't think this is sufficient. Any ideas on how to best cover up these holes and keep out predators? Pieces of wood or duct tape maybe? Thanks!

I've attached photos of the holes and my attempts to cover them as well as a picture of my chicks (because they're adorable).

If you can't find strips to fit, which we could not, that expanding foam that comes in a can (think it's called Great Stuff) works great. We bought it at Lowe's.

The roof is beveled and made out of sheet metal, with regular gaps between the wood and the roof.!

I've attached photos of the holes and my attempts to cover them as well as a picture of my chicks (because they're adorable).

They make strip that closes the gap in corrugated steel roofing. This is a picture and a like to a description at Lowes.com
http://www.lowes.com/pd_102670-1115-2216___?productId=3005549&pl=1&Ntt=roof+panel+closeure+strip
If you are unable to find a match you could always scribe the profile on a board or 2x4 and cut it out with a jig saw.

Thanks for all the advice! My local hardware store didn't sell thr strips so I bought expanding foam fillers. I was able to fill up a couple of other gaps too so I was very happy with it!

Back
Top Bottom