Covering outdoor run

I have a 20 by 30 ft metal dog kennel that we put metal roofing on. It was a pain since the run is so large and we wanted it sloped for snow and rain. We had to make one side 12 ft then other side 7ft so we could have a decent slop with some support beams to hold the weight of the roofing and snow load. Took my husband and I 1 weekend to complete the project we used as much left over supplies we had so we didn't have to buy everything the most expensive part was the hardware cloth we needed since our posts were 12ft on one side dog kennel is only 6 ft we had to attach hardware cloth in the gaps. I absolutely love how it turned out snow and rain have been no problem. Before we were using a heavy duty carport after 2 years of rough winters and heavy rain it was destroyed I don't miss going out every hour during snow storms to knock off the snow ontop

I have a 20 by 30 ft metal dog kennel that we put metal roofing on. It was a pain since the run is so large and we wanted it sloped for snow and rain. We had to make one side 12 ft then other side 7ft so we could have a decent slop with some support beams to hold the weight of the roofing and snow load.
@Imataken that sounds awesome, can you post some pics, overall and the framing underneath?

Back
Top Bottom