Coyote Problem

I must confess, I'm not talented enough to make things from the pelts myself. I send them off to USA Foxx in Duluth MN to have professional quality garments made. It's a bit expensive, but the wife doesn't mind and they really hold up to rough use. My "man furs" are not used for a night out on the town. They are used for man stuff. Snowmobiling, ice fishing, trapping, etc. Got some beaver stuff too for when it's really cold.

You might be able to find someone locally who will tan the hides and make hats or mitts for you. For a real-deal fashionable fur coat, go with USA fox. You will get an heirloom grade garment for hundreds to thousands less than it would cost at a fashionable furrier when you supply the pelts. Coyotes are not hard to skin, flesh and stretch/dry. You can also ship frozen pelts to them and have them do the fleshing (for a price of course).

I also gut and boil the carcasses and feed them to my chickens and dog. Circle of life. Also raccoon, beaver and muskrat are quite suitable for human tables. Our dishes are always looked upon skeptically when we attend a pot luck! "Trappers stew" is my favorite title with "peppercorn crusted roast marsh rabbit" a close second.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I am only 12 so I should probably be careful with a gun=). Haven't had anymore problems with coyotes. I'll keep ya posted. The pee thing is funny. My family(3 younger sisters, Mom, and Dad)pee outside all the time but not always near the coop
big_smile.png
. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom