Coyote snatched a chicken yesterday :(

What about putting a hot wire on top of that portion of the fence? It will be out of peoples way but nail any critter trying to come over.
That occurred to me this morning. Once I get the wall cleaned up I could do that. It seems like that would be the easiest of the options. It's probably about 25 feet of wall total that is shorter, I would just have to be very good about the tree maintenance so nothing falls on the wire, but that can be managed.

What about putting a hot wire on top of that portion of the fence? It will be out of peoples way but nail any critter trying to come over.
A hot wire is a good idea except how are you going to ground it so when a predator does touch it they will get zapped? Usually the predator has to be on the ground to complete the circuit.

I think we are going to place the rollers on that stretch of wall. Making it higher isn’t going to work with the neighbors. They get shiny rollers to look at instead 😂. I don’t want to deal with electricity tbh. We have a friendly neighborhood cat that also comes to visit and I would prefer she just can’t get in vs getting zapped.

My only thoughts on electrified anything is that these are chickens for kids, so the kids are out there a lot, which I think is why I was thinking of the coyote rollers, but I want to know how well they work before buying.
kids and coyotes will learn quick. ask any farm kid
It depends on the charger to how much of a zap. Once they touch it they won't again and it won't harm them but they probably won't want to touch it again. You can also put it on a timer.

Back
Top Bottom