Coyotes killed 7 chickens help!

Oct 25, 2023
I had 7 chickens get killed by what we think are coyotes. All in one morning. I brought my favorite hen inside after and she’s been roosting inside and only being let out when I get home from school, it’s been a week and a half, is it safe to let her roost outside again?

Need more info.
Did it happen at night or in daylight?
Did your chicken have a secure coop?
Where do/did they roost?

Need more info.
Did it happen at night or in daylight?
Did your chicken have a secure coop?
Where do/did they roost?
They roost in a secure coop and it was early in the morning, right when the sun starts to pop up so it was light out. 2 where found dead in the coop, the rest we never found. They always roost in the coop. My grandpa opened them went in for coffee and then came back out to them being dead.

Coyote almost always take the birds. What type of wounds did the chickens have? How did the predator get in? I wouldn't return the hen until you know she's safe.

They roost in a secure coop and it was early in the morning, right when the sun starts to pop up so it was light out. 2 where found dead in the coop, the rest we never found. They always roost in the coop. My grandpa opened them went in for coffee and then came back out to them being dead.
So they are free ranged during the day?
You could put her back in the coop, but free ranging is Risky Business.
What ever got them will probably be back.

Back
Top Bottom