Coyotes :(

Oh that's a great idea too, I hadn't thought of bird deterrents, thank you. Ok I will order some electric netting and scare tape. Hubby not keen on a donkey but seems amused by the thought of a llama.

But mini donkeys are so cute and sweet, I'm sure they would grow on your hubby. Donkeys are very smart, too. They don't like anything canine, but can learn what dogs belong on the farm and will tolerate them. They are herd animals and you would need at least a few in a herd to protect from coyotes.

Oh thanks for the link! We have pygmy goats too so maybe a small llama or 2 would befriend them..

Oh gosh my son would love those donkeys, he really wants a miniature horse but mini guard donkeys sounds more useful!

I have three donkeys, sometimes they go after the coyotes sometimes they don't, they do stomp at dogs, goats, and an occasional duck, they also bray when the coyotes howl.

I have read that coyotes do not like the bray of the donkey, so that can help keep them away. We used to hear the coyotes quite close and one morning my husband had one walk unafraid within about 20 feet of him as he went down our driveway. I haven't heard a coyote near us since we got the donkeys, but the cattle ranchers in the area may have taken care of most of them. The stray dogs that used to visit regularly also give us a wide berth now.

Back
Top Bottom