Crèvecœur Chick Feathering

Jun 18, 2023
I got my firat Crèvecœur pullet (🤞) from Murray McMurray. She is around 2 weeks old. Her feathers are coming in and appear damaged, for lack of a better term. She also is not growing or feathering as fast as my other chicks the same age. Is this normal for the breed or something I should be concerned about? She eats, drinks, poops and runs around with the others.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240318_211551.jpg
    20240318_211551.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240315_201502.jpg
    20240315_201502.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 1
Juvenile feathers are almost always more raggedy than adult feathers. They just aren't taken care of as good. Some chicks take better care of their feathers than others. If this chick is kept in exactly the same conditions as the others, I'd think it's a matter of the chick not being too good at taking care of its feathers, rather than malnutrition or something like that. The difference in size is not connected to the feather quality, but keep an eye on its growth. As long as it's healthy and active, I would not worry

Juvenile feathers are almost always more raggedy than adult feathers. They just aren't taken care of as good. Some chicks take better care of their feathers than others. If this chick is kept in exactly the same conditions as the others, I'd think it's a matter of the chick not being too good at taking care of its feathers, rather than malnutrition or something like that. The difference in size is not connected to the feather quality, but keep an eye on its growth. As long as it's healthy and active, I would not worry
Thank you! That helps, the others feathers are looking good. I will just keep an eye on her.

Back
Top Bottom