Cracked Corn? For Ducks

dansdeals3489

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Mogadore, Ohio
I was wondering if it is bad to feed ducks cracked corn. I have 2 ducks a Rouen and Jumbo Pekin who are 3 weeks old. I want to give them some form of a treat and was wondering if cracked corn was good or bad for them.

If you want to give them corn for a treat, you need to give them grit so it can be digested.

My ducks loved vegetable juice pulp that I picked up at a "juice bar". i would put that in a dish and they would just mack it down without hesitation. i also gave them salad, or chopped greens. Thier favorite was romaine lettuce and beet greens.

My egg layer ducks also get cracked corn for a little treat in an area of the place i want them to work, since they pick up grit while foraging outside. They still love the greens best.

try some chopped greens in a little bowl or dish and see how they like it.

For bigger duscks i put them in a trough made of 6 inch pipe cut in half and wood ends screwed in to place .

I give my call ducks a little in the winter in the late afternoon. Digesting it is supposed to help keep them warm through the night. Don't know if that's true, but they like it. It's pretty much like candy to them tho so you don't want to feed them too much.

Nothing wrong with giving waterfowl cracked corn. They'll probably rather enjoy it.
smile.png

In the winter the ration I make up is half corn. I use flatted corn, its cheaper here, and it keeps them warm in the winter. Corns not bad for them, it is fattening though.

Back
Top Bottom