Cracked duck egg day 26!!! HELLLPP

Duckylicious21

In the Brooder
May 22, 2022
So!! I've been very good on not touching my duck eggs out of fear of killing them. But i had 1 duck hatch early (dried and taken out of the incubator) but not before it went after 1 of the eggs! I'm concerned because this egg hasn't even internally pipped yet. And now has a massive hole and cracking along the bigger side of the egg (air cell) I'm very very weary on taking the egg out of the incubator and messing with it at all. Will it hatch and survive ? Or shrink wrapped itself. Just please tell me I don't have to take the egg out 😭😭😭😭

Photo of the crime scene 😱😱😱😱😭

Attachments

• 16532504437766279183761042775798.jpg
    16532504437766279183761042775798.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 5
You could put a little piece of plastic wrap on it till baby in ready to internal pip
Just a small piece and poke a few tiny pin hole in the plastic wrap in case it does internal while you are not watching
I have never seen a hatched duckling open an egg before
Yes they crawl over it and move them around but never had one crack or break a shell before

You could put a little piece of plastic wrap on it till baby in ready to internal pip
Just a small piece and poke a few tiny pin hole in the plastic wrap in case it does internal while you are not watching
I have never seen a hatched duckling open an egg before
Yes they crawl over it and move them around but never had one crack or break a shell before
I've never had this happen before ever. I'm assuming the duckling had, bur I'm not quite sure how it would have happened anyways 😭

Back
Top Bottom