craigs list question

dandydoodle

Songster
9 Years
Sep 21, 2010
georgia
Has anyone sold chicks on Craigs list? Did you get much of a response. I want to hatch and sell some EE and Faverolle babies but, I don't really know where to do it. I know there are people out there who want them. Any suggestion on where to sell them at? Oh yeh, I really don't know how to ship birds and I am not sure I want to take the chance on something happening to them. I really would like to do local. local pick up, some kind of swap meet or something.

big_smile.png

Thanks,
MIchelle

I have sold eggs, chicks and adult birds on Craigslist and always had a decent response, although sometimes have had to repost the ad a few times till the birds were all sold. I also found a livestock swap meet about an hour's drive away, and then there are several poultry shows that happen throughout the year within a two-hours drive where there are always people outside selling birds and chicks and other supplies. There are lots of options, so you just need to start asking where the shows and swap meets are and get some ads up on CL. Good luck!

Thanks how do I find out where the swap meets are? Who do I ask? Thank you so much for your help.

Michelle

I have sold eggs, chicks and adult birds on Craigslist and always had a decent response, although sometimes have had to repost the ad a few times till the birds were all sold. I also found a livestock swap meet about an hour's drive away, and then there are several poultry shows that happen throughout the year within a two-hours drive where there are always people outside selling birds and chicks and other supplies. There are lots of options, so you just need to start asking where the shows and swap meets are and get some ads up on CL. Good luck!

Maybe you could contact your ag extension office if you have one in the county you live in (or even surrounding counties too). They might know about local swap meets.

Back
Top Bottom