1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Craigslist caller *rant*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ArizonaNessa, May 19, 2009.

1. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    I just have to tell someone about this lady. The lady called me and wanted to know why I named my chickens such strange names. She also wanted to know if she could change their names. I tried to explain to her that I had not named them but she would not hear it. My ad lists the breed name ~ hatch date ~ price. NO NAMES!!! How on earth do these people make it through life? [​IMG]

Okay thank you all for allowing me to rant a little [​IMG]

2. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

[​IMG]

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

"God must really love stupid people, He made so many of them!"

4. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Did you list the breeds? Maybe she thought something like "Orpington" was a name! [​IMG]

5. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    Yes my ad reads like

Buff Orpington~ hatch date 4/19/09 ~ $$$

The list continues like that for about 15 or so lines. She thinks I named my chicken buff orpington!!!! I tried for about 10 minutes to explain that buff orpington is the type of chicken and NOT a pet name. I even gave her examples using dogs but she just wouldn't have it and almost seemed angry at me because she thought I named them taking the honor of naming them away from her. I told her she could name them whatever she would like and her response was," Since you have been calling them those strange names they probably won't respond to any name I give them so I will just look elsewhere" [​IMG]

6. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Quote:L...M...A...O!!!

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:Wow!! To think, people call us crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Big Chicken Little

Big Chicken Little Chillin' With My Peeps

Good she went away....Imagine if you sold he these chickens how many times she would call you and may even want to return then after 2 weeks because they were not laying eggs yet. LOL Now that could set your hair on fire [​IMG]

9. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I love it!!!!

10. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    well before i got into chickens, i though a chicken was a chicken, no breeds..................

im assuming she thinks "Buff Orpington" Is a name. Mr.Buff Orpington.... i see him with glasses on

Last edited: May 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by