Craigslist. Is this a joke?

I guess not $5 for all the poo you want is pretty good I guess
idunno.gif

Probably they are just offering you scoop manure so you can use it in your garden. I should try that! I have plenty of horse manure I could give away free if they came and picked it up themselves. It could save me a day of stall-muckin'.

I doubt it is a joke. We have heard of a guy near us that sells his chicken's poop for $5 a hefty bag or a truck load or something. We were shocked! A family friend buys it from him. I told her that if her and her DH wanna scoop up our chicken's poop, they can have it for free!
lol.png

ETA: We have collected horse poo (for free though) to use in our garden beds as well. Works well!

Last edited:
Please do not add chicken manure directly to your garden. It is much to hot (high in nitrogen) and needs to be composted for a year before adding to your garden. You should be composting anyway

Quote:
Very good point!
big_smile.png
I should has clarified what I mentioned. We aren't adding chicken poo fresh to the garden. We let it age, then add it to the garden between growing seasons with fresh compost, it works great. Most of it does not go in the compost since we use the DLM method and it's WAY too much for our compost bins (we don't produce enough green to counter balance the brown). It is aged separately. I don't know how aged the horse manure was when we got it, but it isn't as hot as chicken or steer manure, so we just mixed it in immediately with the fresh compost (still between seasons, of course).

Quote:
I read hot compost 4-6 weeks and cure for 2 months. I have turned dried chicken manure into my garden prior to planting without problems. It isn't a problem as long as you have enough browns AKA carbon and planting seeds not transplanting. You can also dig chicken manure in the garden in the Fall to plant for Spring.

I think they recommend composting due to salmonella concerns. Hot composting between 120 and 160 degrees kills pathogens. Drying manure in the sun also kills them.

You could get it for free here:
http://delaware.craigslist.org/grd/1442347774.html

A mix of chicken poo/straw/compost material (kitchen scraps, if the chickens cant eat it, scraps).
Has not been turned. Exposed to the elements (heavy).
Pickup now and let sit for Spring.
I will provide a shovel. You do the rest. It is in an enclosed area.

The best part is he will even provide you with a shovel.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom