CraigsList worked for me!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JaciesCoop, Jan 16, 2010.

1. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    I've never used it for anything but had 2 of 3 kittens that I needed to find homes for. I thought "what the heck" and so I posted the ad last night. Had 8 responses today.
    A young sweet couple drove 50 miles to see the kittens and took the 2 that needed a new home.
    I wanted to know where they were going and to whom and I couldn't be more pleased. My instincts are usually pretty good and I felt good about this young couple. She is a teacher and he is studying to be a ranger.
    So my one and only experiment with CraigsList worked out well for me. I've heard some horror stories about it so was a little concerned but would not hesitate to use it again.
    Just thought I would share this in case anyone is thinking of using it.

2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    [​IMG] I am glad it was successful!!

3. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    We got rid of most of our kittens that way.

4. My chicken is cuter

My chicken is cuter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I'm glad it worked for you. I gave away my NHR cockerel on Craigslist last year. It worked well for me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  5. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Glad your kitties found homes. We use kijiji in my area, CL isn't so popular, especially for animals. I've had some good luck with kijiji.ca, found my whole flock!!

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I have had about 75% good luck with CL, most of the time it's great, sometimes it's weird!

I just try to be extra careful, last year I had a really strange and somewhat scary guy come for chickens. Since then, (after I ran him off) I meet people about 6 miles away, and always carry my pepper spray.

My main objection to kijiji is that it is owned by ebay- and after many years as a seller on ebay, I now use other venues.

Glad you found a home for the kittens! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I'm glad it worked for you - the pets section in our area is horrible and full of nasty people who fight all the time. The latest fight is about pitbulls.

The rest of the CL for here is OK, it's just pets.

It has worked 100% for me in getting rid of extra roo's and baby chicks in the spring. But I post those in Farm and Garden.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    great news.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by