Crazy Adorableness!!! Yay McMurray! Yay USPS!

HennyJenny

Songster
10 Years
Dec 26, 2009
Bennington, NE
27 chicks arrived in Omaha at 6:40 a.m. All in excellent shape. They hadn't even left the hatchery yesterday afternoon at 4:00 when I called to have them call from the main Omaha PO (30 miles away). Now I have a box full of incredible adorableness and am going to have to get the big brooders out! Sorry no pictures - the camera is at an Easter Egg hunt. The week old babies don't know what to think! Best part is I took Monday off to go get babies and now I just have Monday off!

Wow, that's fast!
ep.gif
Great news and congratulations!
yippiechickie.gif

I'm not HennyJenny, but I ordered 30 Buff Orpingtons from McMurray. They arrived March 8th, I got 31 BOs (one extra) plus 10 Red Star Roosters for "warmth" who are all headed for freezer camp, and a Mystery Chick. You can count on your free chick from the "Rarest of the Rare" collection to be a roo. Ours is a beautiful Cuckoo Marans roo. He is the sweetest thing. I figured he was headed for freezer camp as well, but he is the only black chick in a flock of light colored chicks. My foster son is the only black child in a family of 7 whites and so he has fallen for the CM! He has even named him, so we are now making sure we have enough hens to have 2 roosters! (the BOs are straight run, half are roos of which we will keep one.)

I got two free birds. One is a black australorp (they told me that) but the mystery chick - is one of the others that I ordered. I got

4 Australorops
3 Female Silver Grey Dorkings
1 Male Silver Grey Dorking
4 Straight Run Silver Pencil Rocks
3 Female Silver Laced Wyandottes
3 Female Partridge Rocks
3 Female Delawares
2 Female Buff Orpingtons
1 Exotic Mystery Chick

So - I know which ones are the Delawares, Buff Orpingtons, Partridge Rocks and the Australorps. Everything else in the brooder looks like a different colored chipmunk. I can tell if I work at it which ones are the dorkings. But I am assuming my mystery chick is a Silver Laced Wyandotte or Silver Pencil Wyandotte. I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow night then everyone can try to identify my different colored chipmunks. Boy are they cute.

Back
Top Bottom