Crazy Artist....or Just Plain UGLY..?

Yikes! The structure alone is weird, but the babies took it over the top weird for me.
sad.png

I can't tell. What do you see Bearswamp? In the last few photos, you can see how the sculptures are attached to the building....

That is indeed wierd. It appears that this tower has been pretty hotly debated.

The artist titled the babies "digital babies" when they were created, which helps to understand the facelessness of them. As one poster on the link pointed out, they look like usb ports. If you've got kids that do nothing but play video games, watch movies or sit on the computer you can totally understand the concept he was getting at.

I totally understand an artist wanting to express themselves, and rightly so, but I also got my opinion as an observer - and it's - :eek: :|
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Oh, yeah, totally. I just didn't understand why someone would sculpt babies with a face like that until I read the thing about digital babies. As someone who is really fighting the digital age and wants to scream everytime I see a kid "plugged in" to an Ipod and tuned on the world, I thought it was quite an interesting idea.

Back
Top Bottom