Crazy chicken lady

straitfanjones

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 8, 2014
I am new to this group and kinda new to chicken keeping. I've had chickens many years ago but never got into them this serious. All my family and friends think I have gone crazy about chickens. Shhh I have but not admitting it to them. I started out a few years ago with 6 then 12 and low and behold I have 36 now. I love bantams more then anything but love all my chickens the same. I have a mixed flock between rir, to easter eggers to mille fleur. Sorry but my spelling isn't my strong point. I have a 10x20 coop with 40x30 run. I am very protective with my chickens especially since I had pigeons that got killed by a fox. So also have a electric fence around the top of the run because thats how the fox got in. I do have netting on the run but the fox found a week spot, dang him.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us. You have come to the right place, lots of us Crazy Chicken Ladies here
wink.png

Sounds like you have a wonderful flock.

So sorry about your losses, and hope the electric fencing works.

Thank u for the welcome. And oh yes the electric fence is working. Just a few days later we went outside and heard something yelp. Problem solved. lol. Is this where I ask for help about a problem?

Thank u for the welcome. And oh yes the electric fence is working. Just a few days later we went outside and heard something yelp. Problem solved. lol. Is this where I ask for help about a problem?

Welcome to BYC
welcome-byc.gif
. Check out the BYC Learning Center. There is a wealth of information there.

Whenever you have a question you can click the tab labeled "Forum". Then choose a topic that best suits your situation and post a thread there for best results for replies. for example if you have an illness or emergency you can post on the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures or if you have a question on feed then you can post in the Feeding & Watering Your Flock etc, etc.

I tend to monitor the new posts coming in and learn a lot just from reading what other people ask and the replies that follow.

Glad you can join us.
-Free Spirit

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You'll fit right in here at BYC. All of us have OCD (Obsessive Chicken Disorder) and very few of us are immune to "chicken math." :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom