Crazy incubation story

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by SuperPeacockman, May 20, 2011.

1. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I have a story I wanted to share with you guys. There is a lady I know who used to have peafowl when she was younger. I asked her how she incubated them- she used a frying pan [​IMG] Not to fry them to incubate them. She said that she used to just set it to warm and role the eggs it a bowl of water twice a day to keep the humidity up. The best part it that it worked for dozens of eggs!

2. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    LOL That is CRAZY!!!

3. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    OMG that's insane!!!! i can't believe that that would work!

4. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    think thats crazy? a while back, me and some fellow BYCers did an incubation experiment and used our ummm "boosums" to incubate some eggs with our own body heat [​IMG] lol one of the ladies actually got a couple eggs to hatch! no joke! [​IMG]
    there's stories going back in history of women who would lay in bed for 21 days keeping eggs warm to incubate them.. i thought that was where you were going with this story lol which is why i brought up my little story [​IMG]

5. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Yeah I though it was crazy to, but apparently the warm setting is 100 degrees

6. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    One of my neighbors back in the late 70's would use an electric skillett filled with corn meal. He would bury half the egg in the corn meal and turn them several times a day. He also kept the lid on and a cup of water inside. He actually could harch some!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by