1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Crazy loud birds!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by crj, Mar 18, 2012.

1. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I don't know about you guys but my birds seem to have gone crazy. They are running around like there is a fire and just squaking. Some are doing the egg song including the roosters while others are chasing each other. I suppose Spring is here.

I have to say I've never heard my birds make such a rutgus since there was a hawk around. No hawk but you'd think something was out there. Guess they are enjoying the Spring weather. They have all gone crazy!

Are your birds doing the same?

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    Yes they did it this morning! The whole flock! Even though they are in different coops...... sigh.....So I have to get up go outside and shush them...

3. crj

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Good to know someone else is going through the same thing. They are just acting so odd. It's kid of funny but at the same time I keep thinking something is wrong. I swear they are probably testing me.

4. JerseyGiantfolk

Jan 12, 2012
    Mine keep fighting, One of my HENS mated with another hen! [​IMG]

5. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Yep, it's springtime! Raging chicken hormones causing all sorts of peculiar behavior.

I've caught mine trying to chase a squirrel! Usually, they're oblivious to the squirrel on the outside of the fence - but not today! Coulda sworn WW3 was starting with the ruckus they were all making.

Yeesh...wierdos.

6. JerseyGiantfolk

Jan 12, 2012
    I just closed up my chooks and my rooster grabbed my arm and wouldn't let go and he tried.... Tis' the season.... [​IMG]

7. Mingming

Mingming Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    NJ
    lol funny!!!

8. RNM Chicks

RNM Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    Webster Groves, MO
    Yep our are crazy too. I thought maybe there was something in the coop, or that they didn't like the fresh straw I put into the nesting boxes. But no......they are just LOUD! the neighbors are gonna have a fit!

9. JerseyGiantfolk

Jan 12, 2012
    And then our rooster sits with the hens in the laying box, he's always done that... [​IMG]

10. crj

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC

I guess he will be a stay at home dad? Good rooster..... lol. Will he sit on the eggs too? If so that hen trained him right! Well, my birds are still going crazy. My ducks are nuts, my guineas are just juveniles making noise just because.... just like kids..... when I'm talking to someone they come over and become loud and same thing if I'm on the phone. What's up with that????? Geese have been really good. All I can say is it's wild around here. Funny about the squirrel though. I happened to have found a dead one in the yard last week. Chickens do it??? naahhhh..... it has to be one of the dogs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by