Crazy questions on Ebay

Steve_of_sandspoultry

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
Ok got this one today on an auction. What do you think from an egg seller point of view. I'm thinking this person got burnt on eggs before and that's fine but why creep on me about it? They have never purchased from us.

I find it interesting that you, as well as others in the egg selling business, want positive feedback immediately after receipt of unbroken eggs. You do realize that we can purchase unbroken eggs for less than $2 a dozen at the supermarket? When we buy eggs from you and other breeders, we are paying for the potential of these eggs hatching into live poults and expect to get a hatch rate of at least 50%. If you can't guarantee this to the people you are selling eggs to, you probably shouldn't be selling eggs at all. I realize you don't have control of all factors after the eggs leave your hands, but you should understand that the people that are purchasing these eggs expect more than a bunch of rotten eggs after a 28 day incubation period. Some disreputable breeders would have little regard for shipping infertile eggs to buyers just to make a buck with little concern other than the eggs arriving unbroken. Buyers deserve better than that and feedback is the only way to assure it.

Steve

I'd ignore him. Then immediately block him from bidding on my auctions because it sounds like he's going to throw a hissy fit if every. single. egg. doesn't hatch, no matter if they get scrambled on the way there, he forgets to turn on the incubator, whatever.

Last edited:
yuckyuck.gif

I'd be really excited if I got 50% hatch out of shipped eggs. lol If he's so worried, why doesn't he leave his feedback afte the eggs have been in the bator a week and he can check for embryos?

Last edited:
Quote:
No Steve was sent the question on ebay that is me. lol I didn't post it right.

LOL Terrie, I told him that and few other comments that I won't post here. That was the first thing I did was block them. If anybody sells on ebay and wants to block them as well pm me.

Steve

Quote:
I agree with WingingIt. Holy bitter buyer, Batman! Sounds like one of those malcontents who is only happy when (s)he is complaining. Smells like negative feedback coming regardless of the outcome! I'd block them as a bidder on all future auctions. Who needs that kind of customer. Sheesh!

Wow... rude much?

If it's that much of a problem for the guy then he can easily wait until after the hatch to leave feedback. And should he be a prig and gripe about only 49% hatching then your buyers will prolly be saying 'well duh they're shipped" "what kind of incubator' "hand turn or auto" etc.

Honestly expecting a seller to be responsible for the dozen+ hands that tumble the box in shipping, and then the choices of the buyer once the eggs arrive is just stupid.

I would not sell to that guy. Quite possible he did get burned, but just as likely that he was given exactly what he ordered, botched the incubation, and then blackballed the seller for his mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom